Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weekend Worship—Letter of Love


Spring is here, and with it come the flurry of Easter activities. Spring break falls during this time for us, and we have extra services at church. And, as I’ve mentioned before, I’m frequently involved with my church’s Easter musical. This year is no different, and it would be easy to get lost in the business of the season and forget the reason behind it.

But instead, I’ve spent time studying that last week Jesus spent on the earth and I’m once again struck by the way God turned the world upside down in His loving pursuit of us…of me.

The thing that stood out for me this year, is the difference between the way the world views our short-comings and the way God sees us.

Once again, the words have come to me, begging to be placed a certain way. So I’ve written this version of a palindrome called, Letter of Love. A special thank you goes out to my friend, Cindy Sproles, creator of Tinkertime Productions for bringing it to life on YouTube.



3 comments:

  1. Edie,

    I love this. I just pulled out my copy of it yesterday to read. Perfect message for Easter. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you first wrote this, and it still touches my heart. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete