Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday Review - The First Five Pages

The First Five Pages
by Noah Lukeman

This is a little book that delivers big results. It was first published in 2000 and actually I’m on my second copy. I’ve worn the first one slap out. One of the reasons I haven’t reviewed it before now is because it’s usually the first book I recommend when a writer asks my opinion on reference books.

Each chapter has lots of examples that make the issue and solution clear. There is also an End-of-Chapter-Exercises section. This gives you the opportunity to put what you’ve read into practice and cement it in your mind.

This book is great to study individually, and even better when tackled with a partner or in a writers group. So run, don’t walk to your local bookstore or laptop and get yourself a copy.

Don’t forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

1 comment:

  1. This book is available for download on Kindle! How convenient!
    Thanks, Edie!

    ReplyDelete